Monday, November 21, 2011

We Had A Situation In Our House, One Night


It involved a freakishly huge spider. All right, maybe not freakishly huge, but it was surprisingly large.

And with my shrieking I may have accidentally traumatized Buddy.

Poor Buddy. She literally ran around. Frightened herself, or looking for what frightened me, I'm not completely sure. 

But, I think her thoughts probably went something like this:

Buddy:  Mommie, Mommie, why you making that noise? The doggie doesn't like it.

But Mommie, it's OK!

You made ham for dinner [I was literally on the way to the table, for dinner, when I saw the spider].

You can share it with me.

We'll both feel better.

Because ham makes EVERYTHING better.

(I don't know why you got so upset when I almost caught that truck today, Mommie. It was moving, and big, and I almost got it!)

Give the doggie more ham, Mommie, you'll feel better.

More ham, Mommie, more ham!


Written 8-27-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment