Friday, February 17, 2012

Buddy Has A New Trick.

Not so unusual for her.

It's self-taught.

Also not so unusual for her.

So, what is it?

My desk is within reach of the dining room table. Often, when I have a snack, I leave it on the table while I sit at my desk. Well, when I do this, she puts her front paws on a chair that is pushed in at the table, so that she can reach my snack.

And lick it.

When I notice what she's doing, of course, I tell her, "down."

Except, that doesn't work anymore. Because her new trick, in that situation, when she hears the word "down", is to look out the dining room window, instead of dropping down so that all four paws are on the floor.


BUDDY:  What Mommie?

What?

I iz jest looking out the window.


ME:  Buddy, that is naughty. It is. It is so naughty.


Which appears to be her cue to drop into her good dog sit.


BUDDY:  I not naughty.

I not.

I a good dog.

See my good dog sit?

See it?

See it?

And good doggies get treats!

I iz ready for my treat! 


Yep. I was doomed the second that fluffy ball of puppy rolled into the house, a little over two years ago. But, it was a good sort of doom.


No comments:

Post a Comment